Page 19, 10th August 1935

10th August 1935
Page 19
Page 19, 10th August 1935 — Grammar School's New Head
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

Organisations: Grammar School
Locations: Cambridge

Share


Related articles

Gunnersbury Grammar School

Page 14 from 3rd September 1937

Obituary

Page 9 from 3rd November 1939

People And Places

Page 5 from 29th November 1963

Of Persons

Page 15 from 3rd December 1937

New Head For Vaughan School

Page 7 from 4th June 1948

Grammar School's New Head

The new head for the Gunnersbury Catholic grammar school, near the Great West Road, is a Scotsmen, a native of Ayrshire.—The Rev. Robert James McClimerit, M.A. (Cantab.). Ordained 22 years ago after a brilliant ecclesiastical and academic career at St. Edmund's, Old Hall, and Cambridge, Fr. McCliment served as a chaplain in the Great War in Italy as well as on the western front.

He was mentioned in dispatches and later awarded the 0.B.E., and after de mobilisation, served for a brief period at Spanish Place before being appointed to the Cardinal Vaughan school. Kensington, with ('anon J. U. Vance, M.A., Ph.D. —an old Stamford Hill boy.

There, Fr. McCliment became so popular with the scholars that there was regret mixed with the congratulations from all the boys when they learned of his "going West," to Gunnersbury.

As reported a few weeks ago in the Catholic Herald, a big extension for the

school is pending through a £17,000 bequest from a parishioner of Isleworth. Fr. W. Roche of Marylebone opened the school about a dozen years ago, when he was rector at Brentford.




blog comments powered by Disqus