So many head-teachers have asked to come to the Catholic Herald's Conference on Catholic Education that some applications may have to be turned down.
More than 450 have so far applied from all over England and Wales to come to the meeting next Friday, which is to 'be addressed by Mrs Shirley Williams, the Secretary of State for Education, and Mr Norman St John-Stevas, the Shadow Minister of Education.
Tickets have been sent to those who have contributed their £5 conference fee, but the organisers wish to stress that no one without a ticket will be admitted.
Those who have not yet sent their fee are asked to do so before Tuesday. After that the places reserved for them will be reallocated to the waiting list.
The Editor of the Catholic Herald, Richard Dowden, said this week that the conference was obviously fulfilling a great need for a major discussion on Catholic education.
He said: "The conference should be seen as complementary to the many debates going on throughout the country.
"I felt we should take the opportunity of bringing together Catholic head teachers with the Secretary of State and the Shadow Minister since both of them are Catholics."