SOUTHWARK The Rev. Peter Hughes goes to West Grinstead as parish priest to succeed the late Fr. Milton. The Rev. Thomas Gower, curate at Tooting, goes as curate to Bostall Park.
The Rev. Martin Keane, curate at Crayford, succeeds the Rev. Gower at Tooting, and the Rev. Laurence O'Grady, lent by the diocese of Ardagh, succeeds the Rev. Keane at Crayford.
The Rev. Arthur Flanagan, parish priest of Melior Street, has been appointed Dean of Bermondsey in succession to the late Canon Mahoney.
On the occasion of the centenary of St. Mary's, West Croydon, his Grace has conferred upon the parish priest, the Rev. William Henry McLaughlin, the dignity of Honorary Canon. Fr. McLaughlin was born in 1873, ordained in 1899 after studies at Wonersh and St. Sulpice. As a deacon he was mathematical professor at the Seminary. After ordination, he was curate at St. Leonards-on-Sea (1901), the Cathedral (1902) and West Croydon (1905). In 1907 he became Rector of Anerley, to which South Norwood was then attached. In 1917 he became Rector of St. Mary's. West Croydon, and is the Dean of the Croydon Deanery. His appointment as Honorary Canon dates as from November 6, 1938.