Page 15, 11th November 1938

11th November 1938
Page 15
Page 15, 11th November 1938 — THE CFIURCE MOVES ON...
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags


Share


Related articles

Advance Notice . . . On October 9, 1987 More

Page 3 from 28th August 1987

People And Places

Page 6 from 9th June 1978

I People And Places ... People And Places ... People And

Page 3 from 7th April 1978

Honour For Mgr. Linuckey

Page 11 from 29th May 1936

Near Miss

Page 8 from 9th November 1984

THE CFIURCE MOVES ON...

STOCKWELL, LONDON

A number of residents of Stockwell Park Road, S.W., are giving up large portions of their back gardens in order to make room for the extension of St. Helen's Church, Robsart Street.

The parish priest is the Rex Patrick K ehoe.

The left wing of the church is being extended at a cost of £15,000.

WISBECH £20 was raised towards the running expenses of the newly opened Catholic school at Wisbech, by a bazaar and entertainment held in the school recently. The difficulties of this effort are somewhat hard to realise for those more fortunately placed. The Rev. George Page is the parish priest of the Church of Our Lady and St. Charles Borromeo, OXFORD

In order to reduce the debt of £500 on the school of St. Joseph and St. Clement, Oxford, a fancy bazaar was held in the Assembly Room of the Oxford Town Hall last week.

The bazaar was opened by Viscount Southwell, Fr. Wulstan, Superior of Grey. Friars, Iffley Road, presiding. The schools have recently been much improved.

COVENTRY

Canon Willibrord Buscot, who is 75 years of age and who retired in 1935, is leaving his retirement to help in the new parish of Christ the King, which, developing from services held in the Rialto Cinema by Fr. Rooney, is still growing rapidly.

KETTERING

The proposed church to seat 400 and cost £7,000, for Kettering, Northants, has received the sanction of the Diocesan Board of Finance.

It is expected that a start will be made with the building very soon.

MANCHESTER The new and beautiful sanctuary of the Church of Corpus Christi, Miles Platting, Manchester, will be opened on Sunday, November 20, by Mgr. Canon Marshall, Vicar Capitular of the Diocese of Salford.

BRADFORD The church of the Sacred Heart, Thornton, Bradford, which has hitherto been served from the church of Our Lady of Lourdes, and St. William, Bradford, is now the centre of a separate parish, and the Rev. William Backhouse, of Hillsborough, Sheffield, has been appointed parish priest.

SCOTFORTH, LANCASTER

Application has been made for the erection of a Catholic Mortuary Chapel in the cemetery at Scotforth, Lancaster. The responsible public authorities do not at present favour the scheme.

NOTTINGHAM A concert was given in the Circus Street Hall, Nottingham, on Thursday, November 3. The proceeds were for the reduction of the debt on the Nottingham Catholic Boys' Club extension fund. The items were provided by Mr. and Mrs. Carlin, of Chaddesden, Derby; the Misses Baldwin, of Clovella House, Nottingham, and their pupils; and Miss N. Ellis. The Rev. Colin Mitchell, of the Cathedral, was at the piano.




blog comments powered by Disqus