The foundation-stone of a new church at Redcar in honour of St. Augustine will be laid on July 1 at 3 p.m. by the Bishop of Middlesbrough (Mgr. T. Shine).
The parish of the Sacred Heart was founded in 1874. Since that time it has grown so that the present church has become overcrowded.
The new church which is being built in Redcar Lane will also serve that end of the town which is being quickly developed with housing estates.
Bird and Nerney (Redcar), Farrar (Salt
ENTERTAINMENT FOR CHURCH FUND
A very enjoyable concert was given by a children's concert party from Spennymoor in St. Joseph's church hall, Ushaw, Moor, Co. Durham, in aid of the church building fund. The children were under the supervision of Miss S. Coia, Miss M. O'Toole and Mr. B. Coia. The Rev. Redmond Gibbons, of St. Joseph's, presided. The programme also included a sketch, the parts in which were ably taken by Mrs. J. Horrey, Mrs. Jean Fitzpatrick, Mrs. Rosemary Williams, Miss M. O'Toole and Mr. T. Salmon.