Canon P. J. Grogan
RETIRED NORTHAMPTON PRIEST The death occurred at Holme Cottage, Baeton-on-Sea, Norfolk, on August 10 of Canon Patrick J. Grogan, a retired priest of the Diocese of Northampton. He was 82.
He studied at Barnet under Fr. Bamfiekt and then at the Northampton Diocesan Seminary at Shefford, being ordained there by Bishop Riddell. His priestly life was spent at Willow Lame, Norwich, Newmarket, he was chaplain at Wroxham Hall, and at the Bernardino Convent at Slough, and returned to Wroxham until his retirement due to illness about two years ago. Ile was made Canon of Northampton during the episcopate of Bishop Keating, later Archbishop of Liverpool.
Canon Grogan was buried at North Waltham on August 14.
Miss Ada Streeter
The death occurred on August 7 at the age of 78 of Miss Ada Streeter, who was received into the Church in 1885, and who resided at Worthing. She was vice-president of the Association of the Ladies of Charity, and the promoter, in conjunction with Miss Flora Kirwan of Girls' Clubs. In 1913 she received the true " pro Ecelesia et Pontinee," and also the Medaille de la Keine Elisabeth for services to Belgian refugees during the last war.
She was author of " Bottieelli " in Bell's Great Masters series, and contributed to the Catholic Press on industrial and econornie subjects.
Mr. J. T. Segrue
Mr, John Timothy Segrue, financial pub. Itchy consultant in London, and for many years associated with the late T. P. O'Connor iii thp founding of the London star and on T. P.'s Weekly, has died suddenly at his Barnes home at the age of 81.
He was father of Mr. John Segrue, of Budapest, the journalist, and biother of Mr. Michael T. Segrue, K.S.G., of Highgate, London, who founded the Union of the Four Provinces Club.
The interment took place on August 12 at lenchley, after Requiem Mass at St. Joseph's, Highgate.
Mrs. J. Lloyd Rush
The death occurred last week of Mrs. Juliet Lloyd Rush, aged 88, who has allowed the chapel on her estate, served by the Franciscan Fathers from Buckingham, to he used for many years as a Mass centre for the Catholics of the district, a special bus being run every Sunday trans the neighbouring town of Brackley, where there is no Catholic church.