AA/111-1 Bishop King of Ports/. V mouth and Bishop GrimshaW as Directors, a company has hcen registered to handle the investment and spending of money now being raised by the Catholics of the Bournemouth area to build schools. It is called the Bournemouth Catholic Development Fund Ltd.
The company has been formed after consultation with the Catholic Education Council.
Its first Directors incltde the parish priests of Boscombe. Bournemouth, .nsbury Park, Iford and Southbourne. Each is liable for 10 shillings in the event of the winding up of the company. The Catholics of five parishes in the town have pooled their educational needs and are working together to raise £100,000 for the schools to serve the whole area.
No financial quota is set for any individual parish, hut when schemes for raising money are launched by the central council of the Catholic Parents' and Electors' Association, each parish C.P.E.A. committee ensures that full support is given by its own parish.
Since October, 1951, nearly £4,000 has been raised by these joint efforts, including Bournemouth's biggest-ever garden fete, which raised i1.000. The target for each year is £5,000.