Page 5, 19th May 1944

19th May 1944
Page 5
Page 5, 19th May 1944 — EXTENSION TO BURNHAM CHURCH On Sunday last the Bishop of
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

People: Vincent Curran

Share


Related articles

Youth Club Opened At Burnham

Page 7 from 16th July 1948

The Pilgrimage To Bradwell

Page 14 from 18th June 1937

Bishop Joins Parish Celebrations

Page 6 from 26th May 2006

Church Dedicated To St. Henry Walpole

Page 8 from 1st January 1971

Rev, H. C. Burnham, Cong.orat.

Page 14 from 11th November 1938

EXTENSION TO BURNHAM CHURCH On Sunday last the Bishop of

Northampton blessed the extension to the Catholic church in Burnham and in the course of a sermon reviewed the history of the church in Burnham It begun in a small way sonic years ago. Mass being said in a private house. In September, 1935, the temporal), church was opened and twelve months ago, this being too small for the congregation, it was decided to extend After the necessary permits had been secured, the work was begun.

flis Lordship thanked the priest and people of Burnham for the way they had worked to find the money for this extension, and stated that. more than £1,200 had been collected in just over twelve months.

The third monthly meeting of the Drama School of Birmingham and District Youth Council, under the direction of Mr. Vincent Curran, was attended by forty members from thirteen parishes. The Erdington Abbey Youth Club. represented by Miss Bagley, has been awarded first place in the preliminary trials of the Birmingham Drama Festival, which was open to all clubs.




blog comments powered by Disqus