Page 8, 1st January 1971

1st January 1971
Page 8
Page 8, 1st January 1971 — Church dedicated to St. Henry Walpole
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

People: Alan Clark
Locations: Auxiliary

Share


Related articles

Norfolk Village Has First Mass In 400 Years

Page 5 from 23rd November 1951

Saint Of The Week

Page 18 from 27th March 2009

Monica Walsh Was Born On September 12 1908. She Died On...

Page 10 from 10th July 2009

Stephen And Elizabeth Usherwood Move To Yorkshire In The...

Page 5 from 28th August 1987

Five New Churches

Page 7 from 1st July 1955

Church dedicated to St. Henry Walpole

THE small chapel on the village green at Burnham Market, Norfolk, w a s dedicated last month to St. Henry Walpole, one of the recently canonised English Martyrs, who was born at nearby Docking. Bishop Alan Clark, Auxiliary, Northampton, performed the dedication ceremony.

Although the chapel has been in use since 1958 (previously it was a garage and motor showroom) it had never been formally dedicated merely named after an earlier St. Henry, of Bavaria.

In his sermon, Bishop Clark welcomed several non-Catholic guests to the ceremony, including the present vicar of Docking, where the saint's name can be seen on the first page of the parish register.




blog comments powered by Disqus