Fr. E. Ward died on December 8, aged 69. Educated at St. Bede's, Bradford and Ushaw College, Durham. he was ordained in 1928 and after a number of parish appointments became an Army Chaplain in 1939. He served with the 8th Army in North Africa and Italy. and in 15 years' service attained the rank of major.
He later became parish priest of Acomb, near York, and then of Sheffield. Ill health caused him to retire to Beech Lodge, Nr. Wetherby, in 1968.
Fr, Peter Daly, parish priest of St. Gregory's. Bollington, near Macclesfield, Cheshire, died on December 19, aged 69. Born in Glasgow in 1901, he was ordained in 1938 and served as curate at St. Joseph's, Stockport and St. Lawrence's. Birkenhead before being appointed parish priest of the church of the Sacred Heart, Whaley Bridge in 1952.
Six years later he transferred to St. Edward's, Macclesfield and moved to Bollington in 1963.