Page 14, 29th July 1938

29th July 1938
Page 14
Page 14, 29th July 1938 — NEW CONVENT SCHOOL Opened by Cardinal at Stanmore
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

Organisations: Harrow District Council
People: D. E. Ellis
Locations: Hendon

Share


Related articles

New Convent School At Stanmore

Page 15 from 15th July 1938

Ecclesiastical And Other Information

Page 5 from 14th March 1947

Episcopal Engagements

Page 14 from 15th July 1938

Cardinal At Kenton

Page 5 from 25th September 1953

The Value Of A Convent . .

Page 5 from 28th November 1952

NEW CONVENT SCHOOL Opened by Cardinal at Stanmore

Cardinal Hinsley blessed and opened the new convent and school of St. Thomas Aquinas at Stanmore. Middlesex, on July 21, in the presence of a large gathering.

Councillor D. E. Ellis, J.P., chairman of the Harrow District Council (a non-Catholic), presided, and welcomed the Cardinal. Alderman Egan, J.P„ the Catholic Mayor of Hendon, and members of local Councils were also present.

Cardinal Hinsley, having congratulated all concerned upon the erection of the new educational centre, said that within its walls future citizens would be formed in their ctiaracters, minds and hearts.

There they would learn to become upholders of their great traditions and defenders of that Christian civilisation which was the great inheritance from their Catholic forefathers. There could be no true education without the basis of religion.




blog comments powered by Disqus