Page 5, 29th May 1942

29th May 1942
Page 5
Page 5, 29th May 1942 — New Parish at Cheddar
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

Locations: Thuries, Buenos Aires, London

Share


Related articles

Cheddar's Croquet Fundraiser

Page 6 from 11th August 2006

Norton St. Philips

Page 7 from 17th March 1961

Farmhouse Chapel

Page 8 from 25th March 1955

The Cii Urch Moves On

Page 9 from 8th December 1939

Glastonbury's First Parish Church The Bishop Of Clifton...

Page 14 from 28th July 1939

New Parish at Cheddar

A new parish at Cheddar, Somerset, dedicated to Our Lady, Queen of Apostles, and comprising another large district in the diocese of Clifton, was established recently in the presence of a large gathering of clergy, including the Very Rev. Dr. Hedderman, D.D., of St. Peter's Italian church, Clerkenwell, London, who travelled specially to Cheddar for the ceremony of dedication.

The Rev. Jeremiah Keogh, who carried on missionary work among the English-speaking population of Buenos Aires, Argentina, for several years, being later transferred to St. Peter's Italian Church, where he was for the past twelve months, has been appointed Parish Priest of the new parish. A native of Emily, Co. Tipperary, Fr. Keogh was educated at the Cistercian College, Mount Mellaray, Waterford, and was ordained at St. Patrick's, Thuries, Eire.




blog comments powered by Disqus