Page 5, 4th January 1952

4th January 1952
Page 5
Page 5, 4th January 1952 — Church-and-hall
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

Organisations: Church of St. James
People: Joseph Sweeney

Share


Related articles

Bishop Alan Clark Leads Ipswich Holy Year Mass

Page 2 from 5th April 1974

Centenary Of Ipswich Church

Page 15 from 23rd September 1938

New At Ipswich

Page 7 from 13th November 1959

1 Too Often A New House Means A Drift From The Old Faith

Page 6 from 11th May 1956

Ipswich Pageant

Page 8 from 11th April 1974

Church-and-hall

after 25 years

Now in use after some 25 years' effort to provide a church for a housing estate in Ipswich is the new £7,000 Church of St. James. in Landseer Road.

Although much of the money has still to he found the church, which seats some 160 people, and can also be used as a hall. will shortly be blessed and opened by Mgr. Parker. Bishop of Northampton,

Fr. Joseph Sweeney, appointed priest-in-charge two years ago, has received gifts from parishioners who have also worked on the interior.




blog comments powered by Disqus