Page 9, 5th April 1940

5th April 1940
Page 9
Page 9, 5th April 1940 — Schools in the News
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags


Share


Related articles

Free Food For Needy Ministry Of Health's Restrictions

Page 9 from 27th July 1935

Milk For Pigs

Page 9 from 6th December 1935

J. L. Benvenisti Tells—

Page 2 from 17th March 1939

A Symbol The Press Refused This

Page 15 from 2nd June 1939

Board Of Education Issues School Health Report Parents...

Page 11 from 20th January 1939

Schools in the News

St. Joseph's, Bridgwater

FREE MILK AND MEDICAL SERVICES REQUESTED An application has been received by the Bridgwater Borough Education Committee for the provision of free milk to the children attending St. Joseph's School, or a supply of milk at reduced rates, and also for benefit from the school medical services provided by the local education authority for children attending the borough elementary schools. The Town Clerk has written to the Board of Education on the matter, and the Committee has decided to await the Board's reply. The school was only started a few months ago, and is staffed by nuns from the Convent of the Holy Rosary.

West Bridgford

SECONDARY SCHOOL TO BE OPENED SHORTLY The Becket School, a secondary school for boys in Wilford Lane, West Bridgford, which is now nearly completed, will be opened shortly.

Barkingside

An attempt to secure the reopening of St. Augustine's School, Barkingside, failed at a meeting of the Ilford Education Committee. The committee decided that the pupils should receive their education at Gearies School, two rooms to be set aside for this purpose, and that their religious instruction should be taken at the church.

Sunbury

A concert held at the Remembrance Hall, Sunbury, by the " Jolly Cornpanions " on Wednesday will, it is hoped, prove to have raised £17 for the building fund. The hail was filled to capacity, and audience and artiates were thanked for their support by the priest-in-charge, the Rev. P. Murray.




blog comments powered by Disqus