St. Aug-ustine's Church, Nottingham, opened on May 26, 1923, will be consecrated, together with its altars, on September 11.
Work is being commenced on renovating the transept of St. Chad's Cathedral, Birmingham, and the Lady Chapel. After this has been done the sanctuary and screen will remain to be undertaken in the big scheme of redecoration preparatory to the centenary celebrations next year.
Mgr. H. J. Poskitt, Bishop of Leeds, laid the foundation stone of a new church at Askern on Easter 114nndny afternoon. About 20 priests attended the ceremony. The church will have accommodation for 200 people, and on the ground floor will be a parish hall of similar dimensions. The total cost will be about 14,000, apart from the site, of which 1800 has already been raised.
The new Church of Christ the King. Bingley, will be opened by Mgr. 11. J. Poskitt, BiShop of Leeds, on Tuesday, April 23. The cost, including site and furnishings, is about 43,500, towards which a grant of £300 has been made by the Bishop of Leeds' New Missions Fund.
Mgr. J. F. McNulty, the Bishop of Nottingham, dedicated the new 30-stop organ at the Church of the Sacred Heart, Mere Street, Leicester, on Sunday last, after which he celebrated Benediction.
The new Church of St. Theresa, Graham Street, Dundee, was opened on March 24 by Bishop Toner. Bishop Maguire celebrated Pontifical High Mass, with Bishop Toner presiding. St. Theresa's Church, which accommodates about 450 people, is in a new housing area, and is being served from St. Mary's. For the present Masses will be at 9.30 and 11.30 on Sundays.