PeECAUSE of the enormous
interest and controversy which the Holy Father's address to the obstetricians and midwives has aroused, and because the subjects are of profound importance to husbands and wives and those who are con
templating marriage. " The Catholic Herald " is devoting a major part of this issue to the matter.
I. Expert views of a gynaecologist and theologians . . . page I.
2. A careful translation of the controverted sections of the
Holy Father's address . . . pages 1 and 6.
3. A special article by the Editor . . . page 4.
4. Statement by the Master of the Catholic Doctors' Guild . . . page 6.
5. Comments by Fr. Alphonse Bomar, 0.F.M., Di)., M.Sc., author of "The Catholic Doctor." . . . page 5.
6. Statement by the "Osservatore Romano." . . . page 5.
7. Position of Catholic doctors and nurses is questioned
• page 6.