Page 8, 9th October 1981

9th October 1981
Page 8
Page 8, 9th October 1981 — New churches opened
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

Organisations: Catholic Church
Locations: Bristol

Share


Related articles

G Rand Prior Of The Order Of The Holy Sepulchre Of

Page 10 from 16th December 1966

Parish In Focus: Holy Innocents, Orpington, Kent

Page 8 from 24th October 1997

Orpington Beats The Inflation Spectre

Page 10 from 9th May 1980

The Church Moves On . .

Page 13 from 4th August 1939

Mcnamara's Orpin Bandwagon

Page 8 from 1st February 1985

New churches opened

THI. NEW church of Holy Innocents. Orpington (pictured below), has been formally opened and dedicated by Archbishop Bowen of Southwark. It replaces the church built in 1928, which is still standing but was declared unfit for future use.

A new Catholic church in Yate, near Bristol, was officially opened last week by Bishop Alexander of Clifton.

St Paul's church cost £170.000 and its main area is divided by a partition which makes the

structure a multi purpose building. The building has been designed for the holding of social functions, meetings and other activities.

Sunday Masses have until now been held in nearby St Paul's school.

The Parish Priest, Fr Edmund Murphy thanked all concerned with the building of the church. especially Lady Westmorland, a parishioner. for "her devoted service and loyalty since 1945".




blog comments powered by Disqus